Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The power of skittles

   I'm sitting in my 4th period classroom halfway asleep. I have no idea what's going on; What can I say it's math class the worst class of the day. The teacher seems to be talking, but all I can hear out her mouth is blah! blah! blah! What is she saying, it's like she's speaking chinese.  All I can think about is the sweet sound of the school bell. How sweet it would be to get out of this class. "Please somebody get me out of this class." I'm losing my mind slowly but surely. I decide to put my head down on my desk because listening to this teacher any longer will only end in me jumping out the window.

  "Man I wish I had some skittles." That's what I keep telling myself as I try to put myself to sleep. Crackle! Crackle! What's this that I hear. Is that the sound of skittles being opened? Naw! I must be dreaming. Crackle! Crackle! I can't be dreaming this must be real. I open my eyes and try to find who was opening up a bag of skittles. I know that they are skittles, I can smell them from a mile away. Sure enough I spot someone who was trying to hide them from the rest of the class. But there is no fooling me. I know a skittle bag when I see one. I can just taste them right now, the best candy this world has to offer. This candy will make anyone feel alive. No other candy can compare to the satisfaction you get from skittles.

  How would I get some skittles from my classmate though?Would I have to beg like a dog or just take some like any other kid would do? So I decided to go out on a limb and just ask nicely for some skittles. It worked. I was prepared to do anything to get some even juggle some balls with my feet if I had to. I started eating the skittles and instantly I felt alive, my whole day just got a little better. Ring! Ring! Ring! The bell for 5th period rang out of nowhere. I was laughing to myself because time itself seemed to fly by as soon as the skittles got into the palm of my hand. That's the power of skittles.

 By: The Candy Man

No comments:

Post a Comment