I don't know about you but when Monday strolls around it's always the hardest day of the week. I walk into to school. My brain isn't working at that time of the morning so I'm doing my best not to trip and do a face plant. I say to myself that it' ll wear off and I'll be fine later on. I'm wrong of course and yet again I'm dosing of in class waking up to the bell. I sit up tensed and tired. As I head to my next class I avoid eye contact in the hallways and pretend to be fixing my hair when really I'm trying to cover the red mark on my forehead from the previous slumber. I've always heard a rumor about one of our teachers playing a trick on a kid for falling asleep in class. He told everyone to leave the classroom and then he switched the clock to 3:30, which is an hour and 15 minutes after school gets out. The price we pay for sleep. It's times like these we have to act fast.
I need a boost. I dont feel like doing anything, going anywhere. I feel like a moose getting hit by a truck, or like those cows that chew in slow motion with that glazed look in their eyes...just kind of sitting there and chewing. Uncool. Time for a Miracle.
I'm sitting in 6th period. It's near the end of the day. A pop quiz and sitting in front of me and I'm still needing that 'miracle'. I'm slouched in my seat, sort of half leaning conteplating oh whoever invented pop quizzes in the first place. It's like the worst surprise ever. But then that's when I realized I had Starburst in my purse. I get them out and quietly/franticly try to open the package. Orange (my fav flavor) comes out first. I unwrap it and slip the sweet candy goodness in my mouth. My eyes widen as I realize what's happening. The first piece is down and I sit for a moment. And that's when it happens. I feel a jolt. Like lightening to the heart. I sit up and feel as the rush travels from my mouth to my heart beat quickening and my brain fully loaded and ready for this quiz. I'm ENERGIZED! I grab another Starburst, and by the time I've unwrapped it I've already answered five questions on the quiz. BAM! I'M BACK! Feelin good and ready for the rest of this day! I skip down the hall high fiving friends and some random people. I stop by a couple friends at their locker. They look a bit like zombies, so I pass them a couple goods. Instantly we have a dance party. It's mid air high fives and start bursts all around. You could feel our energy 'bursting' through the halls.
After we have the dance party my day is nothing but sweet. I'm focused and able to make it through another Monday...maybe even the rest of the week. Starburst: bringing high schools and the world together.
This is my Favorite. Love the high five!
ReplyDelete