Friday, February 18, 2011

Nerds to the Rescue!

nerds-candy
BEFORE: When I'm feeling like the school day is just dragging on, there is nothing I need more than a good pick-me-up.  Right about 5th hour, lunch is already history, and I am sitting in biology.... an interesting subject, but I start getting hungry again.  Am I really hungry, or do I need a little diversion?  I am thinking about what I could eat after school, but that is 3 classes away.  Wait a minute -- I've got a box of Nerds in my backpack -- oh yeah!  But how am I going to eat those discretely?  If somebody sees them, I am going to have to share.  And then EVERYBODY would have their hand out, and I would get about 2 for myself.  So, I've got a little strategy.... put the books away early, get those Nerds in a front pocket of the backpack, and countdown until the bell rings  5...4...3...2...1....YESSSSS!!
DURING:  Everyone else is scrambling to gather their books, and I can linger at my desk for a minute, totally enjoying my Nerds without anybody noticing.  Friends are headed to their next class, and the teacher is preoccupied, so I can feast on the fabulous fruity treat in my own little world.  I am still chewing on my way to my next class, and once that box is emptied, I can stop by the drinking fountain for a quick drink and then enter my next class, so very pleased with myself.
AFTER:  I just got to eat a most delicious snack, nobody asked me to share, and now I have the sugar-high and stamina to get through the rest of my day.  I love those perfect little pink and purple pebbles: crunchy, chewy, almost powdery, and all-around the perfect snack.  I am one happy camper, and I am attentive in all the rest of my classes!  I can still taste those Nerds through the next class, and that is GREAT!  Note to self: make sure there is always a supply of Nerds in every pocket of my backpack.  This is my own personal Revenge of the NERDS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T883r__5MAA&NR=1

1 comment: