It was a Monday afternoon and it was sunny and hot outside. My school The Knights are playing the High Kings girls football. We were winning for the first, second, and third quarter, but when it got to the fourth quarter we were loosing. We didn't know what just happened, but the score now is 22 to 27. All we needed was another touchdown and we would be in the Jr. High Play Offs. It was our ball and the quarter back threw the ball to Carla and she ran until one of the other teammates tackled her down in the 10 yards. We needed to run 90 yards to make a touch. Our coach Ms. Waters said to take a five minute break. So we went to the benches and I looked around at our team and saw that everyone was to tired to play and they kept saying over and over " that we aren't going to win the game so why don't we just quit." And the coach kept yelling the word NO"!, out. I turned around and saw that the Jr. High Kings didn't seem that they were tired at all and they were all ready to get out there and start playing again. I sat down and I saw something under my bag. It was red and had other supporting colors with it. I also saw the letters SKI. I thought to myself what is red, that has supporting colors with it, and has the letters SKI in it as well. I finally reached for it and it was the candy Skittles. I said to myself " oh Skittles why didn't I think of that." So I ate the Skittles and I suddenly felt like I was ready to go out on the field and win the game. The break was over and I looked at the scoreboard and saw that 22 to 27 the fourth quarter, and we only had 1 minute left. The other team looked like they wer ready to destroy us and win the game, playoffs, and the Superbowl. The quarter back yelled "Blue 48, 64, 82 hut hut hike" the quarter back threw the ball to me and I ran all the way to the touchdown line and made a TOUCHDOWN! None of the teams could keep up with me. I said to myself " I can't believe that I ran 90 yards, made a touchdown, and won the game." The crowd goes wild all I kept hearing was yay Amber over and over again. Then finally one person said to me " Thanks to you we won the game and are going to the playoffs." I said " No it wasn't thanks to me that we won, it was all thanks to the candy the Skittles." So then the crowd yelled over and over again " We love the candy Skittles yay Skittles." We shook hands with the other team and said " Good Game." This was the very first time our school had made it to the Jr. High playoffs, so we all decided to make our mascot the Skittles candy.
Early day of school today and feeling tired...need more CANDY!!!!
ReplyDelete