Thursday, February 17, 2011

A much needed mid-day makeover


  I woke up this morning and it was already looking like it was going to be a bad day. The alarm clock read 7:54. I felt as though I hadn't even slept for 5 minutes and I was already running super late! I had 10 minutes before I needed to shower, get dressed and rush out of the house to catch my train to get to school. I missed my train and waited for 30 minutes to catch the next train. By the time I got to school it was already my third period class, Physics, which happened my absolute least favorite. "Pop Quiz, class!" shouted Mr.Von Baale, my teacher. Just my luck. At that point my stomach was really regretting not grabbing breakfast. I just hoped my lunch would be extra good today.

    Finally after Physics and my next 2 classes I had my lunch period. After eating my lunch, I walked over to the local CVS and decided I needed some candy to get me through the rest of the day. As soon as I walked down the candy aisle I saw exactly what I needed. There it was, a huge box of Nerds with my two favorite flavors, Strawberry and Grape, in one box. I immediately picked it up and couldn't check out fast enough. I wanted to eat those Nerds! I knew I'd need the whole box so I could get focused and energized for the rest of the day.

   As I got back to school I ran into my friend, Victoria in the music lab and I asked her if she wanted some Nerds too. "How could I say no to Nerds?", She replied. As we ate the candy together there were nothing but smiles on our faces. With each little piece and crunch the smiles and laughter grew. It was almost like we were in a movie, as we were eating I could hear the faint tune of Janglin' by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtH8m_i8O7k). I was sure soon we'd be transported into a field of dancing flowers and happiness pretty soon! The Nerds brought a euphoria to my bad day and made both of our days better.

  Through out the rest of our day, Victoria and I were all smiles. Some people said we looked like we were glowing we were in such a good mood! We got through our classes like a breeze. By the end of the day our good mood and rubbed off on everyone and we'd been asked a few times why we were in such a good mood. "It's in the Nerds. They make us feel great" we said together. After school we walked passed the CVS on our way home and saw lots of our friends checking out with a box of Nerds in hand. In the end, what started to be a horrible day completely turned around to be one of the best day ever, thanks to my Nerds


Victoria and I and f few of our friends after Vic and I ate the Nerds. We felt like singing and dancing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment